This is a pretty simple carbonara recipe that I just started making again recently. What I really liked about this dish was how fast you can make a satisfying dish --- it only takes about 15 min to make from start to finish!
Bacon (I used low fat bacon), cut into desired bite sizes
Egg yolk of one egg
Heavy whipping cream
(optional) Parmasean cheese
(1) Clean, trim, and cut the broccoli head and put in a steamer. Steam for about 5-7 min or until desired tenderness.
(2) Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in another pot.
(3) In a flat pan, heat up a small amount of butter then put the bacon in and stir fry it. Once bacon is cooked, add about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of whipping cream, depending on how much cream you like. Sprinkle with black pepper.
(4) Chop the steamed broccoli up into smaller bite sizes and stir in with (3). Add in the cooked spaghetti and cook & stir for another minute.
(5) Turn off the heat in the flat plan. Add in the egg yolk and quickly stir into the mix, using the residual heat to mix it in. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
(6) Eat and enjoy!
And here is another variation of the same quick-n-easy lunch pasta using even more readily available ingredients: canned tuna & frozen vegetables.
For this variation, you only need: canned tuna, frozen veggies, spaghetti. You can optionally have black pepper and some kind of cheese (sometimes I use grated cheese, sometimes I use bite size brie). You just cook the spaghetti then add it to the lightly stir-fried tuna & veggie mix. Add the cheese right before serving and it's ready!